Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Actions: Adding new actions at specific locations

One thing that seemed to escape me for the longest time was the fact that when I included an actions.ini, or like a permissions.ini file in my website's directory. I was actually overriding the actions and permissons.ini files in the main dataface directory.

My point of stating this was I wanted to figure out how to like add new actions to specific blocks/spaces in my website. Like for example, where the "list", "detail", "find" buttons are. In the actions.ini file, each action has an attribute called category and you can assign this a value. And then templates will uses these categories to figure out which actions to place where.

So my problem was trying to find out what categories were available. All this information is available in the dataface directory's actions.ini file.

No comments: