Thursday, April 3, 2008

Makesite problems

Ack...I spent so much time doing such a trivial task today. I was making a new dataface application and I had created all the tables in phpMyAdmin and then I wanted to run the dataface makesite script to quickly generate the outline of my site. Filling out the variables in the call of the makesite script, I made all the paths to be local to my machine. In other words, I had C:/web/htdocs...etc, etc. So that when the makesite script ran it included these values inside of the index.php.

The script ran with no problem, but when I tried to launch my application I noticed it had NO STYLE. I was so confused. I gather it was maybe having trouble accessing the templates folder of the dataface root directory because of the hardcoded path locations? So I then tried to change all the paths to be relative to my webserver...so I had http://localhost/ierg_news.....but then the makesite script started to complain about how it didn't have permission to create in this directory. So frustrating. So I just basically reverted back to the values that originally worked and then I manually changed the paths in the index.php to fit what I needed.

No comments: